Bullying in Ar-Raihan, It's Possible?

| No comment
Wow..!! it’s fantastic title. I though about it, at a glance, when I read news paper about bullying, so I write about it. If someone asks me with question above, I’ll answer “yes.” It will happen here if some conditions support students to make it. In my opinion, any violence potential always be a dark shadow for any communities. May be some people will say that it’s not violence potential, but it’s community dynamical. And Ar-Raihan is one of community that accommodates children under fifteen who have psychological and emotional labile. It means Ar Raihan is also community that accommodates any communities dynamical.

Thus, what conditions support them to make it? The answer is in teacher and parent. They hold key position for student character building. So that, communication is needed between teacher and parent. What parent suppose must be shared with teacher. In other side, parent also supports teacher for his program.

In my opinion, teacher has to avoid the following situation:
  • School grade orientation. In fact, most of people is not success based on peace of paper we call IJAZAH, but they can survive ‘coz of what in their creativities and perseverance. So, it’s time to change this orientation with process orientation by drawing program.
  • Intellectual teaching responsible. I think school not only teaches student’s IQ aspect, but school also good place for students to learn about society, management, responsibility. Teacher also has to capable to guide them in emotional and spiritual maturity.
  • Under esteem view. We should know that every body has own characteristic, good side and bad side, and self orientation. If teacher’s incompetent at understanding student’s characteristic, it will open possibility to teacher to label student. At the time, the label may be make student calm and controlled. But, when it’s continued, over and over again, his self consciousness will justify him self that the label is deserve for him.
I’ve been teacher for five years. In some situation, I found my self drown into this fault. I was very lucky when my friend –also as teacher- reminded me about the points above. What I’ve written here is just reminder for us like my friend did.
How about parent? I’ll share it in next opinion –may be- ‘coz I get confuses between reality, experience, and theory. So, I’m doubt about it.